Want to make a “Bring the beach home” shadow box to hold treasures from your March Break trip to the beach! It’s an easy and fun craft to do with the kids and a great place to store their special treasures.
Note: it’s best to have an adult use the hot glue gun, hot glue is super HOT! 🙂
To create a “Bring the beach home” shadow box look around and see if you have:
- 1 shadow box frame (unfinished)
- White paint
- 5 X 7 sheet of scrapbook paper your choice
- 1 sticker with a beach related phrase
- 1 small sea star
- 2 similarly sized white pieces of beach glass
- 10 tiny green pieces of beach glass
- 1 2 inch piece of driftwood
- 1 sand dollar
- 2 or 3 small beach rocks
- hot glue sticks and glue gun
Here’s how it’s done:
1. Paint your shadow box frame white and allow it to dry completely. Use a hairdryer to speed up dry time.
2. Cut a sheet of scrapbook paper to fit the frame. My frame holds a 5 X 7 size.
3. Glue paper to frame. I used hot glue and it was a bit tricky to slide the paper into the frame and have it seat properly before the glue cooled. Work quickly or use another type of glue.
4. Glue the sea star on the scrapbook paper in the upper left corner.
5. Glue sand dollar in the lower right corner.
6. Glue the driftwood lower left corner leaving space for a rock.
7. To create the sea glass feet: glue the two white pieces of sea glass, as shown in the picture below. Choose 10 tiny pieces of green sea glass to use as the “toes” and glue in place. Remember where the big toes should be so it looks anatomically correct!
8. Attach the Beach theme sticker in the upper right corner.
9. Finally put your rocks in the bottom and slide the glass back into the frame
Place on the wall and enjoy!
Hope you had fun making a “Bring the beach home” shadow box to hold your March break treasures!
Love Three Ladybugs Play